Parsons Corporation Technical Project Manager in Centreville, Virginia
Technical Project Manager
Centreville, Virginia, United States
Technical Project Manager
Parsons Cyber Operations is hiring Technical Project Managersto join a rapidly growing technical program in Centreville, Virginia. The TPM will work closely with project management staff, customers, and development teams to develop and deliver solutions across multiple project teams for multiple customers. This will be accomplished by developing, organizing, and maintaining software and hardware requirements, as well as developing and maintaining project schedules. The ideal candidate has strong attention to detail, is process oriented, and has the ability to problem solve quickly in a complex environment.
• Provide technical planning, logistics, integration, verification validation, and effectiveness analysis for software and hardware systems
• Work with customers to correctly define problems and generate requirements
• Ensure the logical and systematic conversion of customer or project requirements into total systems solutions that adhere to technical, schedule, and cost constraints
• Translate customer requirements into system level designs, solutions, and specifications
• Work closely with project managers and product leads to develop project plans, schedules, as well as estimate resource and material needs
• Perform evaluation and reevaluation throughout the systems development process
• Work closely with developers to correctly design and develop solutions to customer problems
• Utilize customer requirements to generate and maintain software development schedules
4-year degree in Engineering or related technical/business field and at least 12-15 years of related work experience is required. Incumbent should have a broad general technical and business background.
• Bachelors degree in an engineering discipline (Systems, Computer, Mechanical, Electrical, etc.), Computer Science, or a related field
• With 3+ years of experience in the software development life cycle
• Experience in both Linux and Windows environment
• Ability to obtain a U.S. security clearance
• 5+ combined years’ experience in project management, system engineering, system administration, system integration, and test engineering
• Active security clearanceand all candidates must be US CITIZENS to be considered for the position.
Incumbent must meet Parsons' project management certification requirements. Proven ability to perform in a management capacity, excellent written and oral communications skills, and a thorough knowledge of industry practices and regulations are also required. In addition, must be knowledgeable of current technology and how it can be effectively utilized on the project.
Applicants selected for employment will be subject to a Federal background investigation and must meet additional eligibility requirements for access to classified information or materials.
Parsons is a digitally enabled solutions provider focused on the defense, security, and infrastructure markets. With nearly 75 years of experience, Parsons is uniquely qualified to deliver cyber/converged security, technology-based intellectual property, and other innovative services to federal, regional, and local government agencies, as well as to private industrial customers worldwide. For more about Parsons, visit parsons.com and follow us on Facebook , Twitter , LinkedIn , and .
Parsons is an equal opportunity, drug-free employer committed to diversity in the workplace. Minority/Female/Disabled/Protected Veteran/LGBT
Parsons is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to an individual's race, color, religion, national origin, ethnicity, union affiliation, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and expression, pregnancy, employable physical or mental disability, veteran status, genetic information, immigration status, or any other basis protected by applicable laws.