GW Medical Faculty Associates Office Supervisor - AMG in Greenbelt, Maryland
Position Summary In conjunction with the Operations Manager, the Office Supervisor provides day-to-day operational supervision over a team of administrative, technical, and/or clinical (non-provider) employees and directs office support services to provide support for physician and other providers and excellent experience for patients.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other duties may be assigned.
- Provides day-to-day operational supervision of a team of administrative, technical, and/or clinical (non-provider) employees. Includes working in collaboration with Operations Manager to interview, hire, terminate, discipline, manage performance, etc. of non-provider team members.
- Coordinates operational needs/requirements of office to include but not limited to maintain machines and equipment; to procure office and medical supplies, equipment, phone service, IT support, etc
- Assists the Operations Manager in providing information for budget justification, and maintains reports and records need to account for utilization of funds.
- Along with the Operations Manager, the Office Supervisor will assist with developing, evaluating, and recommending methods to improve the processing of the work of the office and utilization of funds.
- Responsible for checking and monitoring that providers and staff are completing tasks in Touchworks.
- Complete test edits on a daily basis.
- Reviews and submits charges on a daily basis.
- Maintain PAR levels of office supplies and medical supplies in the office.
- With the assistance of the Operations Manager, monitor Appointment Manager past day and current day, and check eligibility reports on a daily basis for all patient appointments.
- Other duties as assigned and/or needed.
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education: A Bachelor’s degree or an equivalent combination of training and experience is required.
Experience: Two years of administrative, billing, and office management experience, preferably in physician office and/or ambulatory care setting. One year of progressive supervisory responsibility preferred. Competencies: Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills. Bilingual in Spanish required. Must be able to communicate providing verbal feedback in a professional manner. Must be able to follow and understand instructions, and react favorably in all work situations. Must have strong interpersonal skills and be mentally adaptable and flexible in dealing with a variety of people at various levels within and outside the Medical Faculty Associates (MFA). Must be able to do math calculations and input data into the computer.
Requisition Number: 18-0209
Post Date: 4/16/2018
Title: Office Supervisor - AMG