Macy's Macy’s Retail Receiving Support - Early Mornings, Flex: Tyson's Galleria in Mclean, Virginia
Job Overview: *
The Receiving Associate is responsible for all functions related to the receipt and processing of merchandise entering and leaving the building as well as the upkeep of merchandise within the store and maintaining the stockroom. Performs other duties as assigned.
The summary below may not include all the essential functions and qualifications for this position. For more information, we encourage you to review the complete job description by clicking* here *.
In a Flex (Flexible Work Team) position, you’ll design your own schedule each week by selecting your shifts from those available in your area or zone. While you won’t have assigned shifts or guaranteed hours each week, you’ll have maximum flexibility to earn money – and a generous employee discount - around your personal schedule. On key days or peak shopping times, however - like a One Day Sale or the week leading up to Valentine’s Day – youwillbe assigned a shift. These assigned shifts are based on preferences that you set and update periodically during the year.
Essential Functions: *
- Complete all processing and receiving activities in accordance with productivity standards timelines
- Responsible for customer carryout and special deliveries
- Participate in stockroom maintenance, organization, and housekeeping
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality
- Education/Experience: *
• No specific educational accomplishments are necessary.
Communication Skills: *
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to interpret instructional documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals.
- Mathematical Skills: *
• Basic math functions such as addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division;
• Able to use a calculator.
Reasoning Ability: *
• Self-starter; • Able to work independently and as part of a team; • Must have good time management skills.
- Physical Demands: *
- * • This position involves constant moving and standing. Involves standing for at least two consecutive hours. Involves lifting at least 30 lbs. May occasionally involve reaching, stooping, kneeling, crouching, and climbing ladders. May involve reaching above eye level. • Involves close vision, color vision, depth perception, and focus adjustment.
- Other Skills: *
- * • Ability to collaborate and function as a member of a team; • Must possess a strong sense of urgency; • Should be comfortable with the use of computers and frequent use of RF equipment.
Work Hours: *
• Flexible with scheduling and available to work retail hours, which may include day, evening, weekends, and/or holidays, based on department and store/company needs.
This job description is not all inclusive. In addition, Macy's, Inc. reserves the right to amend this job description at any time. Macy’s, Inc. is an Equal ** Opportunity Employer, committed to a diverse and inclusive work environment. *
Primary Location: United States-Virginia-Mclean
Job: Receiving and Merchandising
Req ID: 710118730