Bank of America Cyber Threat Exercise Planner in Oakton, Virginia
Are you passionate about working with the best information security team in the world? Bank of America is hiring top talent to join our team.
Exercise coordinators are key components in the organization’s strategy to improve cyber preparedness and reduce risk. Exercise Coordinators contribute to the training and coordination between various cyber security organizations and the Bank's lines of business. Exercise Coordinators design, develop, conduct and evaluate cyber exercises, working with Cyber Security Defense and Business Information Security Officers to identify cyber risks, design threat scenarios, identify key stakeholders and participants, and execute the exercise against the planned scenarios. Coordinators will be expected to work in a dynamic, fast-paced environment to design multiple exercises on a yearly plan. Coordinators will receive broad exposure across multiple organizational units and levels of leadership. Applicants should have a proven track record of being able to navigate successfully across organizational lines, a solid foundation of cyber security knowledge and demonstrated performance designing and executing a variety of exercise types.
• Information Technology competency: Has a foundational understanding of information technology and security concepts.
• Exercise competency: Has a foundational understanding of exercise and test concepts used to evaluate organizational efficacies, staff skill levels, operational risk and security effectiveness.
•Data Capture: Able to capture actions taken by exercise participants in a fast paced environment using direct observation, monitoring of participant communications and direct interaction with participants.
• Data Analysis: Able to analyze potentially large volumes of data captured during exercises and provide realistic and insightful conclusions based on exercise objectives.
•Reporting: Able to design executive level summary products aimed at driving action and demonstrating success.
• Facilitation: Able to control a room of people and guide them through the exercise to accomplish the objectives.
• Communication: Effective written and oral communication skills in both group and individual settings
• People skills: Must have strong sense of teamwork which enables you to work with peers and various levels of management
•Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field
• Project Management proficiency: Manages planning and delivery of exercise milestones, ensures design and development stay on target, identifies and escalates issues and risks, develops high quality deliverables and manages exercise lifecycle to conclusion.
• Cyber Security proficiency: Strong knowledge of cyber security threats, issues, and security controls.
• Exercise proficiency: Demonstrated experience in the design, development, execution and evaluation exercises
Enterprise Role Overview
As an experienced professional, provide advice to client management with regard to moderately complex security issues. Assists in the review, development, testing and implementation of security plans, products and control techniques. Coordinates the reporting data security incidents. Provides technical support to the client and management and staff in risk assessments and implementation of appropriate data security procedures and products. Monitors existing and proposed security standard setting groups. State and Federal legislation and regulations. Identifies and escalates changes that will affect information security policy, standards and procedures. Executes security controls to prevent hackers from infiltrating company information or jeopardizing e-commerce programs. Researches attempted efforts to compromise security protocols. Administers security policies to control access to systems and maintains the company firewall. Works on complex problems where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors. Exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies in selecting methods, techniques, and evaluation criterion for obtaining results. Work leadership may be provided by assigning work and resolving problems. Typically 5-7 years of IT experience.
Posting Date : 03/14/2018
Washington, DC, BANK OF AMERICA, 730 15th St NW,
Chicago, IL, 135 S LA SALLE ST (IL4135),
Charlotte, NC, 201 N TRYON ST (NC1022),
Addison, TX, 16001 N Dallas Pkwy (TX8044),
Oakton, VA, OAKTON MAIN BC, 2936 Chain Bridge Rd,
- United States
Travel : Yes, 5% of the time
Full / Part-time : Full time
Hours Per Week : 40
Shift : 1st shift
Assistance for Applicants with Disabilities
Bank of America is committed to ensuring that our online application process provides an equal employment opportunity to all job seekers, including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to submit an application, please visit the Applicants with Disabilities page at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/applicants-with-disabilities .
Diversity & Inclusion
At Bank of America, our commitment to diversity and inclusion is helping us to create not only a great place to work, but also an environment where our employees, our customers and our communities around the world can reach their goals and connect with each other. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.
Frequently Asked Questions
Need to know how to apply online, view a list of your submitted job applications or reset your password? Visit our FAQ at http://careers.bankofamerica.com/us/faq section for answers to these questions and more.