Canon Business Process Services Specialist, Trainer in Washington, District Of Columbia
Our people make the difference. We believe in our employees and give them daily opportunities to grow as professionals and make their mark on the business. Each person brings unique skills to his or her role, and with employees around the globe, we have a diverse workforce that we-and our clients-deeply value.We're looking for people with a wide range of work experiences and skills, as well as those pursuing a career in managed business process services for the first time. We welcome people from diverse backgrounds who want to work hard and who take pride in what they do.As an employee, you'll have a rewarding and enriching work environment. You will be encouraged to innovate. Your coworkers will respect and value your opinions. Each day, you will have the opportunity to make an impact on a globally recognized company. At Canon, you'll have more than just a job with competitive pay and benefits-you will have a long and rewarding career.
Canon Business Process Services, Inc. offers a comprehensive portfolio of managed services and technology across information and document management, business process outsourcing<; and managed workforce services. The company helps clients improve operational business performance while reducing costs and risk. Named a Global Outsourcing 100 Leader in 2018 by IAOP for the twelfth year; Canon Business Process Services is a wholly owned subsidiary of Canon U.S.A., Inc. Learn more at cbps.canon.com<; and follow us on Twitter @CanonBPO.
· Consult with both perspective clients and sales to evaluate transition for new accounts; participate as key contributor to announcements to staff of client employees, serve as a conduit for information for transitioning client staff to CBPS
· Coordinates and conducts new hire orientation, as well as new site orientation
· Facilitates instructor-led and virtual classroom (i.e., WebEx) training programs for corporate and regional personnel
· Responsible for design and development of training materials including writing of presentations, facilitator/participant guides, self-study, on-the-job training activities, e-Learning, etc.
· Implements and maintains Regional Training Pro-ACT, ACT Programs and CBPS Learning Portal
· Coordinates & conducts training programs for the region as required by local Operations needs & Corporate priorities
· Coordinates with Director of Training & Development to maintain appropriate training and development records
· Maintains regional training database with class schedules, registration, attendance, etc.
· Develop metrics to gauge employee satisfaction and present aggregate results along with action plans to improve satisfaction and productivity to strengthen client satisfaction and increase productivity
· Coordinates and conducts on-site custom training programs for region
· Demonstrates sound judgment by taking appropriate actions regarding questionable findings or concerns
· Establishes and maintains collaborative working relationships with managers and employees in the region
· Serves as regional resource for HR policies and benefit issues
· Performs administrative functions relating to all aspects of HR
· Conduct investigations of ER issues; provide direction on resolution at a strategic level to promote consistent business practices; while simultaneously mitigating risk to clients and CBPS
· Consult as subject matter expert to develop and execute site specific safety plans.
· Conduct accident investigations and recommend remedial measures
· When needed assists coordination and/or conducting interviews within the region & works with recruiter to place employees in available positions
· Assists with employee counseling, coaching, and proper documentation of performance issues
· Performs other duties as requested by manager or client representatives
PHYSICAL DEMANDS/WORKING CONDITIONS/MENTAL QUALIFICATIONS
· Approximately 50% Travel required
· No physical requirements
· Mentalqualificationsinclude ability to design and facilitate efficient and effective training programs
To be eligible for this position, the applicant must meet the minimum qualifications.Deviations to this requirement must be approved by the Chief Human Resource Officer.
· Bachelor’s Degree required or equivalent work experience
· Master’s degree preferred
· Training Certification preferred
· 3-5 years Training & Development experience in an HR professional environment
· Advanced knowledge of MS Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
· Knowledge of training software (i.e. Articulate, Captivate, Lectora, WebEx, etc.)
· Familiarity with the training and development concepts, practices and procedures
· Strong facilitation and communication skills
· Excellent writing skills
· Strong project management skills
· Excellent interpersonal skills
· Strong organizational, administrative, record keeping & time management skills
· Strong team approach to business
· Excellent customer service skills
· Wide degree of creativity
Category (Portal Searching)Human Resources